Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Summer Trip 07

Nothing in aviation goes according to plan. I left Ottawa last weekend thinking I was going to Idaho for a Husky Fly-in. The smoke haze in the air got worse as I headed West, I started to see it in Wisconsin and Iowa. A look at the satellite photos showed smoke plumes from fires in central Idaho and western Montana reaching the mid-west and up into Manitoba. I gradually turned left, starting a diversion (Canadian Private Pilot Air Exercise #23) of major proportions.

I'm not quite sure where I will end up - I will have to stop before I run off the edge of the charts (maps) I brought with me.


Somewhere South West of Ottawa

7 comments:

Steve Attack said...

Great blog! Let us know you're OK. Look forward to more in the future.

Tony Hunt said...

Sorry for the delay! I've been busy this fall with work, and it always takes me a while to sort through my photos. I will get back to blogging soon, probably when the weather gets miserable.

Sue said...

Hi Tony,
I too have found your blog very interesting. It sounds like you are enjoying where the Husky can take you. I am currently working with Aviat on a new campaign. Would you like to share any of your stories about backcountry camping on their website? We are looking for photos and testimonials.

Tony Hunt said...

No problems, Sue. I hope to add some updates and new photos soon.

milehighatc said...

What an amazing adventure, I'm jealous!!! I live north of Denver and can't wait to the day I can join the Husky family so I can start checking out the amazing mountain airports. To be honest, right now they just scare me. I learned to fly in Florida where performance was never an issue, now that I live at 5,280ft, I can see how performance means everything. Let me know if you ever make it down here, I would love to check out the Husky!!! Looking forward to next years journeys!!!

Jim said...

Tony, can you email me at jim.mantle@rogers.com - want to talk to you about RFC

spotter said...

nice blog.
I hope you haven't given up writing; I enjoy reading flying stories, and there are not much in the Canadian front.