Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Helena MT to Grand Forks ND

DAY NINE (Continued) 30 July 2005:


Heading East from Helena

Departing Helena, the weather ahead was clear all the way through to Minnesota. I didn’t want to miss the scenery, I was flying about 1,000 ft AGL. I had a friendly tailwind, so I pulled the power way back but was making good time. At times, I was enjoying a 120-knot ground speed and a smooth ride. With the Oregon Aero seats and a good headset, the Husky is very comfortable going cross-country. Fifty gallons of fuel onboard, and the engine sips less than 6 gallons per hour when leaned out.


Approaching the Missouri Breaks National Monument

I made Grand Forks North Dakota that evening, over 620nm from Helena, including a couple of small diversions to take photos of interesting ranches and rivers. I could have gone further but I was catching up with some weather and it was getting dark.

Johnson Creek Idaho – Grand Forks North Dakota with a fuel stop in Helena Montana – 820nm total, 8.6 hr Flight Time

1 comment:

James Whitehurst said...

Interesting reading..Where did you go? Long time since posting.